Tuesday, December 1

Feliz Navidad

I've always been a real sucker for Mexican folk art so I was really excited to find this on Etsy last night.


Isn't that wonderful? The detail is charming and the colors are great. You can find them here. They aren't hand painted but the fabric is authentic and the craftsmanship looks really good. I think $17.50 is a steal!

These are adorable too:


I would probably turn them into magnets, but they would be cute on a little girl's Christmas dress or hot glued to a head band.

And look at these:


Generally, I'm not a huge fan of skulls in art (or on clothes or jewelry). But the skeletons in Mexican folk art are usually pretty friendly looking, almost cute. I wouldn't mind having a few of these glittery sugar skulls hanging in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment