Childe Hassam's Fourth of July, 1916
Metropolitan Museum of Art
(on loan from a private collector)
I know I am a little early. But, I came across this wonderful program and want to shout it from the roof tops. The network of Blue Star Museums is offering free admission to active duty military families this summer, beginning this Monday and ending on Labor Day (Sept 6th.)
There are lots of great museums participating.
- The Met
- The Whitney
- The New Mexico Museum Art
- Lancaster Quilt and Textile Museum
- The Museum of the Confederacy
- The National D-Day Memorial
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- Palm Springs Art Museum
- Colonial Williamsburg
And here in good ole' North Carolina:
- The Mint Museum of Charlotte
- Reynolda House Museum of American Art in Winston-Salem
This is a great way to thank the families of those sacrificing so much to protect this nation and bring precious liberty to the world.
Thank a soldier, a sailor or a marine this weekend. Happy Memorial Day!