Wednesday, March 17

May the road rise up to meet you

Those words, taken from my favorite Irish Catholic blessing, seem to be captured perfectly by American artist Barrie Maguire.

Celtic Biker

Barrie fell hard for Ireland while vacationing there with his wife, Karen.


Rainy Day in Clare

He has been painting it ever since.


Morning Nap


I have never been to Ireland, but I can imagine why Mr. Maguire was so enchanted. His blog, Hijacked by Ireland, is full of paintings and other beautiful images of Ireland from his new day to day calendar, which I will be picking up for my fridge asap!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you and may God hold you in the palm of his hand!

"Christ shield me this day: Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down,Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of every person who thinks of me, Christ in the
eye that sees me, Christ in the ear that hears me”
-The Breastplate of Saint Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment